The Automated Attendant software – developed in-house by SoftApp – includes, among other things, complete Voice Response menu and designated ACD functionality and is designed to efficiently answer incoming calls on a selected telephone number with the organization.
- The Automated Attendant software will answer the call on the first ring based on: time of day, day of week, week of month, month of the year (‘to the minute calendar based’).
- A multilayer Audiotex (IVR) menu provides applicable welcome messages (good morning, you have reached ), followed by an invitation to make a choice (for questions about …., press 1) and delivers appropriate voice messages (please wait, an operator will be with you shortly) during the transfer process.
- When no one answers the call, or when a ‘busy signaling’ (i.e. not available) is received, the caller is put on hold in order of receipt and provided with Music on Hold (own choice) and/or a hold position message.
- After x period the caller will hear a menu that allows the caller, based on a self-service menu, to be routed to a particular department (sales, helpdesk, etc.) or be invited to leave a Voice Mail (#).
- In the evening, weekend or holiday period a different routing menu with specific instructions may apply.
Type of application
The Automated Attendant is a cloud service of the Voice of O365. The application is applicable to a telephone number (DDI), for example: the general telephone number of the organization.
SME market place. When the standard option within Skype for Business – Call Menus – are not sufficient. Note: answered calls can be routed to a maximum of 4 people.